Sustainable, responsible tourism
The Association promotes sustainable tourism, and is committed to making a low impact on the environment.
The municipalities that belong to the network promote tourist activities that respect the natural, cultural and social environment and the values of the community that allow a positive, balanced exchange of experiences to be enjoyed between the locals and visitors.
The Association promotes a type of sustainable, responsible tourism that advocates:
- Minimising negative social, economic and environmental impacts.
- Promoting the creation of economic benefits for the local population and improving the well-being of visitors and tourists.
- Promoting the participation of tourist agents and companies in making decisions that affect the tourism.
- Making positive contributions towards the preservation of the diverse natural and cultural heritage.
- Providing pleasant experiences with tourists through significant connections with the local cultural, social and environmental traditions.
- Providing standardised access for all kinds of physical and mental disabilities.
- Promoting respect between tourists and guests, generating and constructing a feeling of trust and local pride.
Tourist activity that respects the environment
The type of tourism that shows responsibility towards the natural environment that is promoted by the network favours visits to natural, relatively unspoilt areas, to be able to enjoy, study and appreciate the nature and the culture of the past as well as the present, promoting its preservation, generating a low impact of visitors and tourists and, at the same time, ensuring that the active participation should be beneficial for the local population.